The game was going alright. We were reaching a bit. It was kind of puttering a tad.
Cool shit was happening but it felt a little Tokyo Drifty.
Anthony’s character eaves-dropped on a brutal conversation between Jeff’s scheming bastard and his aging duelist father and now Anthony’s vindictive old wizard knows why his son was wounded at the opera.
Me and Mario got to show our twin brother’s relationship in a really odd exchange with Jeff in the middle.
My character caught one of Jeff’s spies on my land and got to regulate. I channeled just a touch of Marlo Stansfield…just a touch.
Storn won his duel and THEN started a romance with the woman he scarred in the duel. He loves doomed romance, it is a trait on Storn’s character sheet, not his characters mind you, but Storn’s own character sheet.
Then Mario wanted to meet with the Count who over-sees us, just so he could roll some dice and put some facts into play on him. He ruffled Storn’s feathers and suddenly Storn wanted in on the conflict and before we knew it, we were all rolling, establishing facts about Count Szazs of House Falcon.
Yeah, that’s right, the Count’s a Falcon, a wanderer, and you never fucking know when he’s going to just show the fuck up on your doorstep.
Here are the facts we established, the pieces that I believe will fuel our next few months of play, as I see ’em:
* A – He’s going to die in the next year.
* Je – He wants 1 of the 5 of us to be heir
* S – He has schemes within schemes
* Ju He worships at the altar of a Nameless Suaven
* Ma – He has the Best Spymaster in the Duchy
* A – He wants to kill the other four, so that his heir has no rivals.
* Je He doesn’t know that his daughter is in love with Jeff’s character.
* A – Queen of the Night sometimes wears his skin.
* M – He can’t resist a hunt.
* M – He’s effing Mario’s PC’s wife.
But then something else happened. We all had Style Points left over with nowhere to bank ’em.
So we started chucking cool facts at the table while we packed up.
* Lord Dorr has written a new book about a courageous topic that he has no business writing on, coward that he is. The book concerns ork hunters who hunt the tribes that enslaved my character and drove off Mario’s.
* Lady Ecc has three operas and wishes Mario’s character to help her to choose one.
* Lady Deta has a jealous suitor.
* Mario will receive a letter from the Queen of the Night, asking how his opera is going.
* Anthony’s character get’s visions of heads that he promised to the Q of the N.
* In Storn’s domain, a village captured an orc and put it in a cage.
* Delia wants to be in the opera in Lady Ecc’s opera house.
* Delia is a spy for the Count.
* Young Bayul and Colus, Storn and Anthony’s characters’ sons, are planning to go on an adventure together.
The blueprint is before us and no one has any idea where its going or how exactly the white spots on the map are filled in but we are all brimming with ideas.
It is going to be a fun winter of gaming. I feel warm already.
Note: We haven’t hit 5th gear yet.