We talk about secrets
- Ask the Players Questions
- Enjoy a Quiet Moment
- Play up Rivals
- Look at the character sheets for inspiration
- Find a status quo and destroy it.
- Play up consequences of past adventures
- Steve the Tricky?
- Play a session from a different POV
- The Mountain Witch trick: Introduce a front-loaded NPC and ask question
- Look over the table, see who hasn’t had spotlight
- Give them choices for relationships in a new place
- Judd is re-summoned to the hang-out.
- Blank spots on the map, have players fill it out
- Steal and pillage from game systems
- Check out the GM’s Consequences
- Give ’em what they want: “Promise them the sun and give them the moon.” – Sagas of the Icelanders. Mo’ money, mo’ problems.
- A list of Zero Prep Games (Lady Blackbird, Psi Run, Fiasco, Inspectres, Shotgun Diaries, Don’t Rest Your Head)
- Get them addicted…
- Red Button Options
Rich: Apocalypse World.
Erik: Pathfinder Society.