Tonight the Sigil 6 arrived in the Radiant Citadel and set out on a rescue operation to a frozen Winter World.
We began the campaign in 5 Torches Deep, shifted over to 5e and now we are playing Godbound.
- Hetty Wright, a Citadel clerk, interviews the Sigil 6 in the Passge of Respite and despite some uncomfortable interviews (Kuru and Hajek, I’m looking at youse)
- Quarace, their Drider Agent from Sigil, welcomes the S6 to the Radiant Citadel. Jusko uses a new power to read her and sees her desire to do right by the Sigil 6 but also real fear and shame from her upbringing as a Drow assassin who failed and was turned into a Drider by Lloth. It was an interesting insight into a long-time NPC.
- Shepherd and Trundle visit the House of Convalescence and do some healing. They see refugees from several worlds and get an idea of problems in other Concordant Worlds that orbit the citadel.
- Kuru, using his magic-cutting flame dagger, and Trundle, using his firebrand shortsword, cut their way through the ice that had consumed the Winter World’s concordant gem.
- Hajek found the HQ of Hajek Mercantile, the organization his family set up. Dozens and dozens of games ago, Hajek wrote his family name on a world being born. His power-hungry family now rule that world.
I thought we were going to arrive a month ago but due to a few cancelled games and taking 3 sessions on the Rock of Bral hunting Mind Flayers we had some delays. And that is fine. Honestly, if the players had decided to set up shop on the Rock of Bral and make that their campaign, I would’ve been fine with it (and I said so).
I did some prep!
I used my own brainstorm sheet, Context, Cool Shit and Consequences. It was helpful to have some important places from the Citadel written down. The Alexandrian’s name lists was really helpful too.
And I made an encounter table for Winter World (in which Rime of the Frostmaiden’s Ten-Towns are the last ten surviving towns in an ice-choked world and that world is a Jewel-World that orbits the Radiant Citadel).
And I will stat out the 3 incarnations of the Frostmaiden, making them less the horrendous Maiden/Lady/Ice Womb (not kidding) from the book and more into winter-things: Huntress/Death/Ice Storm.
“I’m getting Babylon 5 vibes from this thing,” Anthony said. Yeah, I see that.
We had a chat about our favorite moments after the game was over. Here are a few:
Trundle was the only person in the Citadel Intake interview who was reasonable and it was just a funny contrast. I loved Trundle’s description of how he ascertains what is balance in his service to the Lady of Pain.
The description of the Radiant Citadel was starting to make it a three-dimensional palce (yay!).
There was some excitement at the idea of using newfound Godfound powers to heal Quarace of her state as a Drider. Huh.
Some appreciation that Kuru’s aunties who had set him up as a Master Spy in the Hall of Whispers.
Enjoyed the high fantasy epicness of carving into magical ice that was encasing a gem ship.
If you would like to get an email notification when blog posts are published, please subscribe below:
You must be logged in to post a comment.